Hiring managers often ask a similar set of questions no matter the job position. These questions are clever ways for the employer to gain a first impression of you so answering the questions correctly is detrimental. Here are some tips:
1. Anticipate these questions:
- “Can you tell me about yourself?”
- “What makes you a worthy candidate?”
- “Why do you want to work here?”
2. Rehearse, but don’t memorize your answers.
- Avoid sounding like a robot.
3. Have a relevant story for each part of your resume.
- Helps to strengthen your resume with the interviewer.
4. Paint a picture for the interviewer.
- Ensure your stories are meaningful.
Check out our video for more insight on answering questions correctly during a job interview: