When searching for a job it is important to put forward a professional appearance and demeanor whether it be in-person or online. Employers want to hire people that conduct themselves in a respectable manner, so here are a few tips on how to sharpen your etiquette when searching for employment.
1. Show Efficient Communication Skills
- Respond immediately when contacted by potential employers. It shows your desire for the job along with your punctuality and respect for your potential employer.
2. Display Professionalism
- Ensure that your voicemail greeting is a proper representation of you and not a joke.
- Reread written or typed messages; simple grammar mistakes are unprofessional along with slang and abbreviated phrases like ‘lol’ or ‘u’ instead of ‘you’.
3. Network Properly
- Follow up with phone calls and emails if you miss them
- Analyze your social media appearance. The effects of Social Media can be very beneficial or harmful.