Connecting transitioning service members to careers within the Cyber and IT Community.
The 7 Eagle Group SkillBridge Program is a ground-breaking initiative that connects transitioning junior enlisted service members to early career internship opportunities that provides professional training and hands-on experience during their final 180 days of service.
WHAT IS SKILLBRIDGE PROGRAM?
The 7 Eagle Group SkillBridge Program is a ground-breaking initiative that connects transitioning junior enlisted service members to early career internship opportunities that provides professional training and hands-on experience.
Our engagement with partnered companies enables transitioning service members to forge a path into a career in the Cyber and IT community and showcase the value of a veteran and their skill sets they learned while serving our country.
7 Eagle Group collaborates with companies in the Cyber and IT community providing a Military Liaison to communicate with the respective military installations/commands, source for internship opportunities and develop a training and onboarding plan with the host company.
As a special bonus, 7 Eagle Group features online training options, that are included at no additional cost for the 7 Eagle intern.
WHAT IS SKILLBRIDGE ?
SkillBridge is for active duty transitioning military to participate in a DoD approved program anytime during their final 180 days of service.
WHY HOST A TRANSITIONING SERVICE MEMBER?
- Access to untapped talent pipeline: More than 200,000 service members transition out of the military each year.
- Ability to attract technically competent talent who are seeking new career opportunities in the Cyber community.
- Regardless of rank, these service members have foundational leadership experience and instilled with a teamwork mindset.
- They also have transferrable skills and are highly disciplined.
The Military Liaison will have oversight and/or coordinate the recruitment, assist with setting up interviews for the SkillBridge internship.
Host Company/Program Managers provide 7 Eagle internship opportunities based on the specific open roles within the host company.
The 7 Eagle Group Military Liaison or a team member from Military and Veteran Affairs will source, recruit, and match those open role needs and send qualified candidates for company to review and select.
Once matched, the 7 Eagle Group interns begin their approved timeline of on-the-job training with the host company (5 days per week), gaining new skill sets and an opportunity to showcase their abilities. (Best Practice is for all 7 Eagle Group candidates to be participating during a company’s first shift for their internship to aide in their communications with their respective military command.)
Please note: 7 Eagle Group interns are expected to WORK during their internship while training and should be treated as a regular employee with expectations like what one can expect, should the 7 Eagle Group intern accept full time employment. Any performance/attendance issues should be reported to the 7 Eagle Group Military Liaison ASAP for correction. Again, they are being paid, and provided 100% benefits by the military during this internship with expectations they are committed to learn a new trade as they exit the military, and they should and will be held accountable for their mission!
BECOMING A HOST COMPANY
Commit to training 7 Eagle Group interns for five days a week and the timeline approved by respective command, utilizing established onboarding and training plans.
Offer hands-on training and education in roles commensurate with 7 Eagle Group Intern’s education and experience.
Place 7 Eagle Group interns into roles where the company has open requisitions that they are seeking to fill.
Interview 7 Eagle Group interns for open roles and/or willing to refer and assist interns for jobs elsewhere in their network.
7 EAGLE GROUP SKILLBRIDGE PROGRAM
HOSTING AN INTERN
- Provide mentors willing to share their experience and knowledge.
- Supervise each Intern’s work and provide appropriate feedback.
- Expose interns to different parts of the company and the ability to work in team environments.
- Collaborate with 7 Eagle Groups Director, Military and Veteran Affairs to ensure success of each 7 Eagle Group intern.
- Challenge 7 Eagle Group interns with projects that allow them to build skill sets and demonstrate value.
7 EAGLE GROUP PROGRAM
FEE TO HOST
- Please Note: There is no salary to be paid to the ECSP Intern, according to the DoD SkillBridge instruction 1322.29. They are still on active duty and being paid by the government.
- One time administration/set-up fee of $1,500. This covers sourcing for prospective candidates; coordination between transition service member and their respective Command during entire SkillBridge timeframe; collaboration for development of your personalized onboarding and training plan; coordination with host company and coordination of candidate interviews.
- Placement fee of $11,000. This is considerably less than the annual salary for the candidate you will have for 90 days up to 180 days. The longer you have with candidate, the larger ROI.
- The one-time administration/set-up fee ($1,500.00); 50% ($5,500.00) of the placement fee would be due upon receipt of the first signed 7 Eagle Group SkillBridge offer letter from the candidate and the final 50% ($5,500.00) would be due upon hire. Follow-on interns will only incur the $11,000.00 placement fee – same agreed terms of 50% upfront and 50% on backend, if hired.
- If the 7 Eagle Group intern does not complete the program or is not hired, the second half of placement fee will be voided.
YOUR MILITARY LIAISON
Our Director, Military and Veterans Affairs, David Wallace, is well-known in the military recruiting community and is a subject matter expert dealing with the DoD SkillBridge instruction 1322.29, along with the development and nurturing of SkillBridge-related programs.
SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENTS WITH SKILLBRIDGE PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Successfully provided over 142 SkillBridge opportunities to transitioning service members over the last 5 years.
- Has an 84% Job Offer Acceptance Rate with SkillBridge participants.
- Created first SkillBridge Program approved by DoD for a Defense Contractor.
- Served on numerous employer’s working groups and program participation to improve the SkillBridge Program including: The White House’s Joining Forces Program, JP Morgan Chase’s Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes Veterans Employment Advisory Council.