Social Media is a useful tool for businesses to advertise and identify with, but it is certainly a double-edged sword. While being a valuable tool for marketing and advertising from a business standpoint, social media is also a portfolio of photos, videos, and statements from potential future employees. Prospective candidates for a job position are going to be searched by their employers via Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Showcase your skills and experiences
• Networking allows for you to be seen by employers
• Up to date information on careers
• A strong community of Veterans that support each other online
• Inappropriate pictures, statements, or videos
• A dull or incomplete social media page
• No social media = no free self promotion to employers
• Grammatical mistakes
• Offensive rants
So how can you know that you’re putting your best foot forward?
Check our video prep. to learn how to use social media in a positive manner: