Build a top 10 list of local hiring companies you want to work for
CREATE YOUR TOP 10 LIST
Please watch this quick overview:
- Identify 10 companies in your chosen industry and in the nearest big city.
- If you cannot find 10 companies nearby, expand to the next closest metro area.
- It’s easier for us to generate companies interested in you if you live within an hour’s drive of their home office (even if the job will be remote).
- PLEASE focus on small to midsize companies (roughly less than 500 employees).
- It is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for us to get hiring managers at big well-known companies to express interest. If you recognize their name — Examples: Lockheed Martin, Google, Nike, Home Depot, Sikorsky, General Dynamics, etc. — leave them OFF your list.
- Use whatever source you want to identify your target companies. Here are two suggestions:
Option #1: Go to https://builtin.com/companies
1. Ideal site if you want a TECH-related job.
2. Select your “Location” and “Size” (check the first four boxes…up to 500 employees)
Option #2. Go to www.Google.com/maps
1. Search examples: “drone companies in Colorado Springs,” “tech companies in Pittsburgh.”
2.If your desired job title can apply to numerous industries — i.e. Sales Rep, Cyber Security Analyst, Help Desk Tech, HR, Accounting — change your search to just “companies in Colorado Springs”
- Click the “Website” link to visit the each company’s page in your list.
- Read the “About Us” page and any others to determine if this is a company you could imagine yourself working at.
- Don’t let the “Careers” page influence your decision — job listings can be deceiving.
- Go to LinkedIn.com.
- Enter the company’s name in LinkedIn’s search bar (top left corner). Click “View Page.” Copy and paste the URL in the form below. It URL should look something like this example: https://www.linkedin.com/company/upslope-advisors-inc/
COMPLETE THIS FORM ASAP
Provide up to 10 LOCAL companies you want to work for. NO BRAND NAME COMPANIES PLEASE!