Mission Transition is a practical career-change guide for transitioning veterans avoid false starts and make optimal career choices following service.
Every year, about 200,000 veterans leave the military, most of whom are grossly unprepared for life after service.
While well intentioned, Transition Assistance Programs and other support structures within the armed forces often leave veterans fending for themselves. On top of this, veterans themselves are typically so focused on their active duty roles that they’re unprepared to join the civilian world.
Mission Transition guides military personnel through the entire process of making a successful move into civilian professional life. The process starts with foundational ideas, like understanding who you are and who you want to be. Readers will then explore strategies to make their résumés stand out, effectively network, ace the interview, and negotiate an optimal compensation package. Finally, Mission Transition discusses ways to acclimate to the new culture and pay it forward to other veterans. Each chapter includes advice from other veterans, illustrations of key concepts, summaries, and suggested resources.
• 10 invaluable skills that veterans can leverage in a competitive business environment
• How to re-frame your questions to change your perspective on the career search process
• The Mission Transition process:
1. Identify who you are: discovering your strengths, personality type, and related career paths
2. Understand who you want to be: identifying your practical career path options and their required skill sets
3. Define your career preferences and personal brand: identifying industry/role preferences and lifestyle factors to help narrow your focus
4. Get your resume into fighting shape: translating your strengths, experiences, and skills into the right content & format for each prospective employer
5. Document your network: defining the purpose & process of networking, and debunking military myths surrounding networking
6. Engage the network: powerful storytelling tactics (and common mistakes) in growing and engaging your network
7. Apply for roles: the difference between Federal and civilian application processes
8. Interview for roles: preparing for, conducting, and following up on interviews
9. Close the deal: understanding your financial needs, negotiating and finalizing your job offer
10. Acclimate, assimilate and pay it forward: defining YOUR success, finding new meaning in your work, joining support networks
PO 127 Mattawan, MI 49071
ABOUT 7 EAGLE GROUP
Every business benefits from hiring veterans, be it for tax incentives, workplace environment, or company performance.
With strong work ethics and military values, vets are a welcome addition to any workforce and should be at the top of every hiring manager’s list of priorities.
At 7 Eagle we’re dedicated to helping vets fulfill their limitless potential and to connecting them with employers who’ll recognize and utilize their unique set of skills to successfully complete any task.
We believe in finding veterans careers, not jobs, and we take this concept seriously. In addition to veteran hiring services, Eagle 7 provides FREE training for vets in new and exciting fields that offer career opportunities far beyond military training alone.
Being veterans ourselves, we want nothing more than to see our battle buddies succeed in life and their post-military careers , so we also offer internships and job coaches who’ll motivate and guide vets towards a fulfilling career path.
Our online career development courses include cyber security, game development, AI/machine learning, software development/engineering, robotics, data analytics, cloud computing, digital project management, and systems administration, with more opportunities for veterans coming soon! Eagle 7 works to connect veterans with employers in a multitude of fields in companies ranging from small businesses to major corporations, ensuring our nation’s finest find a career that suits them best.
Our support extends to military spouses as well, as we believe in standing by those who stand alongside our vets every second of the day.
Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard.
Active duty, National Guard, Reserves.
One team, one fight.
You took care of us, let us return the favor.
Are you a military veteran or married to one? Are you looking for a fulfilling career in a field you’re passionate about? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Email: [email protected]
VISIT OUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS FOR MORE TIPS ON GETTING THE CAREER YOU WANT: